Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A quick update!

Hello friends and family!

I have had a hell of a time adjusting to all this speed stuff!!!! I even did a track workout tonight which I haven't done in at least 6 years! 12*400 in sets of 4 descending speed. I was clocking 5:30 per mile pace (but only doing a quarter mile lets be clear) and feeling pretty good. HARDER than all heck though let me say! I then came home and did a nice recovery ride along the lakeshore as the sun set.

Another favourite workout was the Bayview extension hill repeats this past Saturday in the summer rain. 9 times up taking about 3 minutes per climb. Hell of a thing racing up that little sucker at 400 watts! OUCH! I was cooked, barely made it home!

Anyway, this coming weekend I am doing a bike race that all that Ironman stuff would not permit scheduling wise. It is the North American Master Championships in Sutton Quebec. 4 stages over 3 days with some solid competition. I really wish I did the race at my peak fitness, I am not there yet but am coming around. Next post I will provide an update but I am really excited to dig into this race and see if my speed skills come to bare!

Otherwise the Race4Kids.ca team's next adventure is the Peterborough half ironman July 5th. I hope to do well!!

Thanks for reading and supporting!

No comments:

Post a Comment