Tuesday, June 22, 2010

diagnosed!

First, good news: no freaking ultrasounds or MRI’s required! This means I don't get stuck inside the medical system!


Second good news: injury can be fixed via Active Release/Physiotherapy.


First bad news: another 10 days off of any training except light spinning on my trainer.


Second bad news: no running for at least another 3 to 4 weeks.


Last bad/good news (?): Definitely NO IRONMAN given I cannot run.


Diagnosis in lay terms is a LM Rectus Femoris strain. Basically the connections of muscle to hip bone.

What is the rectus femoris muscle?

The rectus femoris muscle is one of quadriceps muscles. It goes from the hip to the knee and can be used to straighten the knee or lift the knee up. This muscle can rupture or become inflamed at the upper part where the muscle attaches to the hip. The main cause of this is overuse through kicking or explosive movements as in sprint starts


I bold type the EXPLOSIVE movement part as I think crashing at high velocity counts as EXPLOSIVE


Still quite painful but at least I know now what we are dealing with. Essentially 4 to 6 weeks post injury before really getting back into training. I am already 10 days past injury though I have to say, it has gotten worse not better since crash day.


So that bottle of Berringer Merlot I just had was quite good thank you very much!


NEW GOAL: Green Mountain Stage Race labor day weekend and maybe, just maybe, a marathon in October. Set goals important to chart course for success.


With downtown I might even start studying for the Canadian Securities Course. I have snoozed button that for 5 years!!!


Onwards we ride, once I can ride of course!


Thanks for checking in.


No comments:

Post a Comment